Sunday 25 May 2008

Sisyphus digging




I feel like that poor fella that had to push a giant boulder up a mountain everyday. Still, it could have been worse, I could have been chained to that same boulder and had birds peck out my liver everyday. Some times you have to have a positive mental attitude. Prometheus would have given his right arm for the boulder pushing gig. Even though that would have made it very difficult indeed.



Instructions for digging like a machine all day:
  • Prepare yourself mentally.
  • Set up an ipod playlist with songs that make you happy.
  • Find your spade.
  • Find your sun cream.
  • Find your Dad. (He's helping)
  • Make sure you have plenty of fluids to drink.
  • Dig for a while. Stop. Drink. Repeat.

Digging with me today were:
  • The Libertines - Up the bracket
  • Elvis Costello - Armed Forces
  • Jackson Browne - Live Acoustic Vol1
  • Rolling Stones - Exile on Main Street
Whilst digging and singing along. I'll admit to the occasional "spade guitar" riff ( Oh come on, you would too.) I made mental plans for the herb patch, the greenhouse and a lasting peace in the Middle East. I'm joking. That greenhouse has still got me scratching my head.

I also invented snail baseball (home run derby version) and slug skating. Hey, I was bound to go a little bit nuts!

Pictures on next blog.

No comments: