Sunday 21 March 2010

Ha! Cower brief mortal! I am the master of some small perenial native UK fruiting plants


I have tamed the wild beast. From this...

...to this.

Strawberries? Not this year. Semi-permeable membrane berries is what I have.

I started digging over the ground and digging up the strawberries last weekend.

I boxed them up. Strawberries can stay bare rooted like this for a couple of weeks this time of year.




Harry finished the job on Friday and prepared the bed and covered it with horticultural membrane. On Sunday we'll cut holes in the membrane and plant through the black carpet. A mulch for the surface keeps the covers on during the March winds and the plants spread out to hold the covers down later on.



I'm looking forward to a bumper crop of fruit all clean and tidy and very little weeding.

Nice.

No comments: