Tuesday 30 December 2008

Christmas Table at Chez Mum & Dad

With one thing and another I didn't get around to taking pictures of all the veg on the plate. It probably would have been a bit too steamy anyway. I peeled and roasted the potatoes at my place on Christmas morning. Two ovens are better than one.

I did get a picture of the winter salad and smoked salmon starter with a full complement of winter salad veg picked fresh the evening before.


A picture of Mom & Pop's lovely Christmas dinner table.
We had one of those fancy Kelly Bronze Turkeys. They taste so good you can really tell the difference. That's why we have turkey fro Christmas . This is our second year of free range organic turkey and I was so surprised at the difference I now make every effort to buy free range these days.

I should add that I, like most hand wringing Guardian reading lefties, was also shocked into compliance by Hugh Fernley-Wittingstall's and Jamie Oliver's TV shows at the beginning of this year. I'll throw up some links to their sites (lest we forget) and also one to the Jimmy's Farm site (another TV hero) where we got our Kelly Bronze Turkey. Jimmy's Farm is well worth the trip but check the weather beforehand and always take wellies just in case!

No comments: